Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mentorship Update


Hey guys, just wanted to give you an update on how my mentorship is going. As most know I am only working with one classroom right now. I am working with George Mayo and his gr. 7 esl classroom (english as a second language). I have been assigned to 3 students who have been asking me a series of questions about anything. This has been a great experience for me. It is very interesting when reading their comments,because sometimes it is very difficult to understand their sentences sometimes. I catch my self editing their posts because english is still really new to them so they do not understand simple sentence structure. Being exposed to this has allowed me to see and consider the different possibilities of how students learn. Each student is unique in their own way, and this mentorship
is a great way to connect and see things from the students' perspective. Here is the link to my mentorship blog where you can view their comments as well as my posts. Mentorship09

No comments:

Post a Comment